Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Baby at the Barnhart Home!


DID I JUST GIVE YOU A HEART ATTACK??? Hee-hee. We do have a new baby, but she's of the four-legged variety. Lorelei "Ulrika von Himmelstor" Barnhart (her registered name) is our new 8-week-old short-haired miniature dachshund. I traveled to Himmelstadt (two hour drive) to pick her up on Saturday. My friend Molly went with me. Lorelei is named for the famous ghostly naked siren of the Rhine River. You can google that if you want to know more! So, we're out of diapers at our house, but now into puddles and pee-mats! Fun. This weekend we're taking a family vacation to Garmisch, a famous ski-resort in the south of Germany. I will post new photos next week! It's been kind of springtimeish here. Some rain, some shine. I love it. NO SNOW! We STILL do not have our household goods, which is making me crazy(er). So, since it doesn't feel like home in our house, I don't like to hang out here much. Noah and I do a lot of exploring, and have found some fun, interesting places. We shop alot in German stores, which Noah just loves...
Thank goodness I found a wonderful babysitter, Raechelle Garcia, who Noah really does love to go stay with on occasion! I am totally missing my quilting and jewelry making supplies. One can only shop so much! (Yes, I've heard that's true...) I miss my family and friends SO MUCH. Feel free to email, call or even write me a letter. Seriously, I need it. Well, that's all for now.

Love to you all!
Andrea

8 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Hooray for new puppies! We were at our friend's house yesterday night for dinner and Cayenne is alive and well and still loves Aren more than anything. She's happy and loves her backyard and her big ol' black lab to play with :)

Send me your address because I'd love to write you an actual letter like we did in the old days!

tyames said...

Oh she is just too cute!!! I hope your stuff arrives soon. We miss you too.
Hugs

Sabra Palmer said...

Cute puppy, almost makes me want one. I wish I was there to shop with you!! I miss you.

Tasha said...

Congrats on the new baby!
Sooo cute.

Spencer and Amy Shumway said...

He is cute!

I found your blog on Garicas. Here is ours if you want to take a look.

www.amyandspencer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Andrea! Yay...I found you! And...yay for puppies! And how bout you living in Germany! Sweet! I am excited to be in touch with you! I just started a blog at wwwactivespirit.blogspot.com

MaryBeth said...

HEY! We need a new update!

Sarah Buma said...

My kids are so jealous. They'd love a new "baby" of that breed! :) So, fun to catch up with you today as I've peeked through your blog. Love, love, love you lady!