Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MONUMENTAL DAY



WE FINALLY HAVE INTERNET!!! Now, I know that's not such exciting news to most of you, but I feel like I have been disconnected for almost two months now, and have now been reunited with all of my family and friends. Everything happens so slowly here, it's sometimes very frustrating. I guess I'm a spoiled American. Oh, well! We took the train to Koln (Colonge) on Sunday with our friends the Busbys, and had a great day at the Dom Koln (huge, ancient cathedral) and the Lindt Chocolate Museum. It was a three hour train ride each way, since we were on the Happy Weekender Pass (family of 5 for 39 Euro, or about that), plus a wrong/missed train on the way home, so a very long day. The cathedral was amazing! Vince, Sarah and the eight kids climbed to the top, while Brady (bad back) and I (bad knee) wandered the inside. Then we walked along the river to the Chocolate Museum. I won't tell you how much I spent in the gift shop. Anyway, a great time was had by all. This weekend we are going to Rothenburg, an old walled city. More to come...

4 comments:

mamatamera said...

Glad you're back. Sounds like you are having a great time!

Sabra Palmer said...

You'll love Rothenburg. We LOVED it there too. Nadia was there with us!!

Apricot Tree Planning said...

So glad you're online again -- email me!! I just updated our blog a bit so check it out.
I loved both Kohl and Rothenburg. We stayed at the best little hotel there -- and I'm not even going to tell you how much I spent at the Kathe Wolfgart (sp) Christmas store -- yikes. I'm loving living vicariously through your travels!! Love you guys and miss you!!

Tasha said...

The rest of the world welcomes you back. Love you!