Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We're all together again, we're here, we're here!


Guten Tag! I know how to count to ten, too! And a few other words and phrases. We are all trying to learn enough German to get around for a day or two. I can ask for important things, like "WC" (pronounced VEET-zee).

Well, after Gid was gone for about 10 days, Vince went and dragged him home. We tried to wait until he realized that he couldn't live on his own, but he found a family to enable him (feed him three meals a day, give him a place to sleep, take him anywhere he wanted to go, etc.). He was very unhappy to come home, and cried himself to sleep. The next day Vince and I had a counseling session, and learned an exciting technique that we tried with great success that evening. If you want to know what it was, you'll have to call me. In summary: By 9:00 p.m. every member of our family was sitting at the table eating a beautiful (and expensive!) chocolate fudge cake and laughing. What a gift.

Since my family is all together now, the stress of the move doesn't seem as great as it did before. Vince and I are enjoying each other more. I feel better and have more energy than I did (until about 3:00 p.m., when the sun sets!). Of course, we don't eat chocolate fudge cake every day, nor do we always laugh at the dinner table. But we are together, and hopefully that is the way we will leave Fairbanks. :)

Auf weidersehen,

Andrea (Frau Barnhart)

p.s. Ammon had his first date! He and his friend, Sterling, had a double date.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Andrea, I am so happy you're a happy family once again. Love you babe.