Friday, September 5, 2008

Mind Your P's...

Three words: PALIN, PALMER, PRESCHOOL.

Yeah for Sarah Palin! We heard the good word on our way to Palmer for the Alaska State Fair last weekend. She is wonderful, as I hope you all will find out. She's a sharp woman, and not intimidated by anything. She has done so much for Alaska and Alaskans! We do love her. The fair in Palmer was a blast. We pulled our trailer the seven hours last Friday. Saturday morning we met our friends from Moose Pass, and spent twelve hours together at the fair. Even with my magical Keens, my feet were killing me by day's end. :o We thoroughly enjoyed the food (Seafood Alaska and Denali Cream Puffs are always our favorite), music (Jewel's dad, Atz Kilcher, has a band that is great bluegrass), petting farm, giant cabbage and pumpkin, art, quilts (also art), rides and games. What a day! It was a beautiful, clear 65 degrees, and the MatSu Valley, which is surrounded by majestic mountain ranges, was breathtaking. We fished Sunday at Mirror Lake. On the way home on Monday, Denali was out in all her glory (she's most often shrouded by clouds), and the foliage became more yellow and red as we drove North. This is an amazing, vast wilderness. On Tuesday, Sophia and Noah started preschool--HOORAY!!! They love it, and I am FREE at last! For fifteen whole hours a week. I didn't feel sentimental in the least about my babies leaving the nest for their first time. I was too busy enjoying my own company! I will live for Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sophia had her 5th BIRTHDAY on Tuesday, as well. She loved playing "dress up" in Utah with her cousins, so she got Cinderella, Snow White and Tinkerbell costumes. (I had to go to Value Village yesterday to find some boy costumes for Noah, because he kept taking her dresses and high heels.) Enjoy the photos. See ya!

No comments: