Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Farmer's Market

I took Sophia and Noah on a "field trip" to the Tanana Valley Farmer's Market today. It was sunny and lovely, about 65 degrees. For lunch we bought cherry tomatoes and raspberries and kettle corn, and ate them at a table in a grove of birch trees. It was wonderful! I have many dear friends at the Market that I've gotten to know over the last ten years. Well, I'm gearing up for a creative spurt! I've organized and cleaned most of my "studio", which is a catwalk across the greatroom below. My jewelry table is lovely and tidy! My sewing table (with two machines) is ready and waiting. Today was the first day of school for Gid, Ammon, Ben and Eph. I did laundry, and even made dinner! Vince is happily astonished. Tomorrow night I am going to a welcome bbq for the new hospital Commander's wife. She looks like she's 14, and she has seven children! I'm taking my famous Alaskan Wild Blueberry Cake, and a fruit salad that is strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and red grapes. Very high in anti-oxidants, 'eh? I just love berry season! Ciao!

No comments: